Monday, July 23, 2007

All this scratching's making me itch...

Another visit to the vet for me last week. It seems that I have an allergy and, as a result, had a breakout of red pimple-type things all over my back. The vet wasn't sure what the cause is, but thought it could be a reaction to either fleas and ticks, something from the doggie kindergarten I stayed at while mama and papa went to Hakone, or food. Mama and papa started giving me Science Diet Nature's Best recently so they think that could be the reason (papa is also highly suspicious of Will dog kindergarten since the allergy started a day after I came home). As for the food, when I was a baby, I was given Eukanuba but papa didn't think that food was healthy so I started getting Nutro and Science Diet Pro. Now mama and papa are quite worried about my health because of all the additives, preservatives and unknown animal parts in the brand name foods and also because of the scare about ingredients imported from China and added to American dog foods. They have spent the last few nights studying about dog food and searching for the best thing to feed me. They decided on Lotus as the dry food and are going to take classes about how to make homemade dog food from natural products and raw meat. They said that there is an excellent article at 4dogma.com about dog food and have sworn to only feed me holistic food or homemade food! Notice that in the article, all the foods they have fed me so far are on the list of foods that are not good for dogs. I'm glad they found this out now rather than years from now!!! I'd hate to have kidney problems...doesn't sound like much fun.

Papa is going to Singapore tomorrow morning on business and staying until Saturday morning. He is dreading how hot it is going to be there. I'm glad it's him and not me. The forecast is scattered thunderstorms most of the week.

Our (my???) new car is going to be ready for pick up on Saturday! Mama and papa are really excited about it! They are going to take me to a dog run on Sunday. Papa wanted to take us to the Mount Fuji area but because of my allergy it's not a good idea to go too far and for me to spend so much time in a crate in the car. I don't care where we go as long as it's fun!!!

Papa started reading the last Harry Potter book. It was delivered last Saturday from Amazon on the first day of release. It's called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Even the name sounds dark. The Harry Potter series has been getting increasingly darker as we've progressed through the story. In this, the final installment, papa is a little pessimistic and thinks that Harry will be killed. We'll see...he's reading slow this time though. Usually he gets through a new Harry Potter book in a day or 2.

No comments: