Sunday, October 5, 2008

The summer's out of reach...

Wow, that was a fast summer! It seemed shorter than usual...of course, I've only been through 2 summers so what do I know??? Next week I'm going to turn 2 years old! Scary...makes me want to hide because I feel so old!A few weeks ago was papa's birthday! I would tell you how old he is but I can't count that high.Mama bought him a lot of gifts! He got an Adams #3 hybrid utility, a golf bag and pajamas! Apparently, my job is to protect papa's clubs... Last week, papa got a new 52 degree wedge (Cleveland CG14) and yesterday he got an Adams Insight XTD #3 hybrid fairway wood! He says his bag is now complete! (until the next time he decides he wants a new club...) Last Tuesday he shot a 94 at Chiba Yomiuri Golf Club. Nothing to write home about but it's his best score ever.

As for me, I've just been lounging around...
I went for grooming last week and they put a ribbon on me. Not very cool but mama thinks I look cute...I think I always look cute :-)Papa has obviously been golfing too much this summer...or he's been using whitening lotion on his feet... Yesterday we went to Jonan Park for a few hours. There were quite a few dogs there and I had a great time. I was beat by the end of the day and mama and papa had a quiet evening because I was sleeping.
Today, mama went golfing with colleagues from work. Papa took me to Yoyogi Park to play in the dog run there! 2 days in a row at the park for me! This tiny little black dog was afraid of me and kept walking away :-)It was a really fun day. I met a lot of friends and got to run around with them quite a bit:




Should be interesting times in North America for the next several weeks with the troubles on Wall Street and the elections in the US and Canada. We're not sure if we agree with the US financial bailout because it will not guarantee that the economy will recover. In fact we don't think it will help at all. Why should taxpayers subsidize the stupidity of the management of Lehman's and other corporations who basically produce nothing, making money on money but not actually creating anything of value??? But on the other hand, a meltdown in the financial sector will have far reaching consequences for the economy which could jeopardize other industries and cause widespread layoffs which will again hurt taxpayers. I guess taxpayers get screwed no matter what happens. I'm glad I don't pay taxes :-)

And the elections should be interesting. In both Canada and the US, there is absolutely no one who is even remotely appealing as a leader. In Canada, the incumbent, Stephen Harper, lacks vision and we really don't know what he stands for. Which is more than we can say for what's his name from the Liberal party who is the most uncharismatic person in the whole wide world. Stephane Dion couldn't inspire a rabid dog to bite him.
The US is no better. That 100 year old guy and his running mate who's young enough to be his grand daughter are enough to scare anyone into voting for the other party...until you look at the other party's candidates...Obama/Biden...is it just me or does that look like someone else's name...change a "b" to an "s" and add "n la" after the "i"...enough said...but not enough experience on the Obama side. In dog years he's mature, but in human years, he hasn't been around the block yet and is still too wet behind the ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look out, Tiger (Woods)!

Hope your Papa had a great bday, we were thinking of him!

Thanks for the chuckle...I thought my Mom's tan lines were bad!!

Miss you all!

Love Picasso and the Beach Bunch :-)