Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to...ME!!!

Saturday was my birthday and it was a blast! I am now 2 years old! Papa says that in dog years, that means that I am still 2 years old and still a little puppy...but I read on the internet that in dog years I am 21 years old so pass me the scotch!!! And get papa a wheelchair because in dog years he is 181! I'm going to start calling him McCain!!! I got a ton of presents from mama and papa including toys, treats, a brownie with a pumpkin on it, and a cookie with my name on it!
(by the way, I forgot, what does "spoiled" mean? I heard papa say that a number of times on my birthday...oh, wait, is that something like getting a new iMac, a new iPhone, a new golf bag, a new driver, 2 new utilities, a new 3 wood, a new putter and 2 new sand wedges since April???)

I got to eat part of the brownie, a quarter of the cookie, a dried ichijiku (fig) with cabbage (yeah, it's a weird combination but I love cabbage!)...
Mama and papa made me sit and be good before I was allowed to eat...I was so excited my eyes were glowing. Then it was time to dig in!!! ...and to paraphrase Keyzer Soze in one of papa's favorite movies, The Usual Suspects, "Just like that, it was gone..."...all gone...so sad...Earlier in the day, mama and papa took me to Komazawa Park to play. It was a pretty nice day so the place was packed with dogs and their humans...I met a bunch of other JRTs. After the dog run it was time to play at home for a while with the friend mama got me in Canada.Then it was finally time for bed...what a great birthday I had!!!Today was Sports Day in Japan, another one of those made up holidays we celebrate here for no apparent reason at all, but I'm not complaining because it means mama and papa can spend the whole day with me. They love the made up holidays as much as I do! Mama and papa took me to Jonan Park today. I met my friend Chip the Beagle who I haven't seen for about a year! He and I were in the same doggie school together last year.It was a great day of fun, sun and running with an Italian Greyhound!

No comments: