Thursday, February 11, 2010

Handyman...

I wish the weather would make up its mind. 2 days ago it was 20 degrees Celcius and sunny...currently, it is 2 degrees and raining with a chance of snow later tonight. Luckily for me, papa woke up early enough this morning to take me for a walk before the rain came. Today was a national holiday in Japan so mama and papa spent the day with me! I spent the day lounging around the house.


I really hate the cold weather though...

Papa built a cabinet for us today. We used to have an industrial looking metal rack shelf for house keys, wallets as well as miscellaneous items and knick-knacks. The shelf was an eyesore so papa finally broke down and bought a nicer cabinet. The downside...papa had to build it himself...and papa isn't what we would call a handyman :-)

The cabinet came in over 25 pieces...















...with over a hundred other parts like hinges, screws, plugs, and stuff that papa has never seen before...






So of course, papa needed my help to supervise him and make sure he didn't screw up my cabinet. The finished product came out great thanks to me!


Here I am admiring my handiwork...








Papa got some delicious looking chocolate macaroons for Valentines Day from the ladies at his office. Papa says they are yummy! Not that I would know because he refuses to give me one :-(

1 comment:

SK said...

Roots,
The good news is that your papa didn't finish the cabinet with you stuck inside...count your blessings that you're on the outside!