Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweets!

A few weeks ago, mama bought papa a warm, new fleece outfit to wear around the house so papa gave me his hand-me-downs. It was a little worn out and tattered (to say the least) but papa managed to put it on me...now he says I really look like a homeless person living in Shinjuku...


Remember that deal on strawberries that papa wrote about a few weeks ago? Well mama decided to buy one. They said it was actually really good and very sweet. A little on the expensive side but it was definitely the best strawberry papa has ever tasted. Mama took a picture of it beside a lighter to give you a sense of its size. It was almost as big as a small apple! Papa said it looked like my head...whatever the heck that means...

A few days later they got dessert at a local bakery and had it with ice cream and espresso. Sweet!

I wasn't allowed to eat any sweets so I found a nice, comfortable place to chill out...


Last week, papa made some peanut butter cookies. I did my best to help him bake...
And in the end, thanks to my great skills as a pastry chef, I was able to guide papa to the final result, and were they ever delicious...or so I hear...Last weekend, we went to Komazawa Park to enjoy a sunny day at the dog run. I met a Corgi who just wouldn't leave me alone. Mama and papa were pretty amused. This Corgi followed me around for about 30 minutes. I couldn't shake him. He was like my shadow. I wonder if he was a stalker!



This past weekend, as we were about to drive to see one of mama's friends, we couldn't start the car. It appears the battery died due to the cold weather lately and the fact that we haven't driven for a few weeks. The Nissan dealer was really good about it. They came to our place, helped us start the engine and then recharged the battery for free. It took 24 hours so in the meantime, they lent us a Nissan March. Papa wasn't very impressed with the colour and refused to drive it so mama did all the driving last Sunday...



2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, we are totally drooling looking at all of this lucious food on your posting today, Roots! yummmmmmmm

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

What a cute car!