Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis the season to...pig out!!!

Another of papa's "artistic" photos...
At papa's office, on the first of each month, a member of the leadership team makes a dessert for the staff. This month was papa's turn. He made Fudgy Chocolate Brownies based on a recipe recommended by his mama. Among the ingredients were 8 eggs and 16 ounces of chocolate!!!The recipe made enough for 3 large brownie molds plus 2 mini brownies so mama and papa could taste it first. Papa didn't want to make his co-workers sick so he thought it best to make test brownies...Papa put sliced almonds on top (mama's idea). Here was the final product, complete in Christmas themed cake molds. The staff really seemed to like papa's brownies. Or maybe they were just being nice...in either case, they sure look yummy! Mama and papa enjoyed them a lot!!!
A few weeks ago, papa made curry for dinner...








...and then a few days later he made ramen.









Last Friday he made a lasagna for dinner...
Papa thinks he will be a chef in his next lifetime. He's just not sure if he will be Italian, Chinese or Indian. I think he should be a Jack Russell Terrier in his next life :-)

Last weekend, mama and papa went to a place called Club Q for turkey dinner (Club Q is actually their friend's house).One of the guests who used to be a pastry chef made a cake for the party.So they all started eating the cake......and eating...
(is it just me or does it seem weird eating cake with chopsticks???)
...and eating......and eating......and eating......and eating...until it was all gone!!!
Mama and papa took me to get groomed last weekend. I love the bath but I'm not too crazy about the nail cut. And what I'm really not a big fan of is the little Christmas wreath they put on my collar...What I really do love is taking a nap while papa helps me with my blog......and taking lazy afternoon naps...on papa...
I also like helping papa use his iPhone.
We went to the park last weekend. Some JRT was following me around and bothering me so, needless to say, I wasn't very happy. Mama and papa were surprised because I'm usually much nicer to females. I guess I was just in a bad mood because papa got a parking ticket.This is how I get mama and papa to pay attention to me when I'm bored and they are busy with things that don't interest me. Boy, do they ever hate it...papa says I am really "annoying", whatever the heck that means. I think it is another word for "cute, adorable and fun-loving"...


And on a final note, because I just can't help making the occasional political commentary, we were pleased that Stephane Dion's (a.k.a. the Canadian George W.) pathetic little attempt to circumvent the democratic process by trying a coup d'etat in Canada was thwarted by Stephen Harper. Not that we are Stephen Harper fans by any means, but we are fans of democracy and due process. Little people like Dion have no place at the big table with the other world leaders. The sooner he is gone the better for Canada. This is a time for strong leadership, not wanna-be also-rans who try to steal power by any means possible. Pathetic...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mama yells at me because as soon as I go out the doggie door, I start barking. "Yapping" as my Mama calls it. I'm just warning whatever's out there that I'm coming and they should run away. I had a run-in with some furry creature I've never seen before and it bit me on my neck. It took quite some time for it to heal and a lot of antibiotics, too. It all happened so fast but I think the thing had a striped tail and a mask.

Anyhow, did you help with the Christmas tree? I was thinking I should water ours but as soon as it came in the house, I was told otherwise. And here I thought it was for my own personal use.

My brothers are excited about Christmas and the whole Santa-thing. They would love it if it would snow.

Anyhow, hi to your Mama and Papa, we miss you all!
Write again soon,
Picasso :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm full just looking at all that food. Never knew your papa was so domestic...maybe he'll come back as a short haired domestic cat!
meow!