Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin Head

When papa came to Japan 13 years ago, Halloween was almost non-existent, except among gaijin. This year, wherever you go there are signs of Halloween. Papa calls me Pumpkin Head now, whatever the heck that means. Mama bought me a cool orange toy that looks like a pumpkin and I love playing with it but papa says it looks like me. Halloween is still a little different in Japan than in North America. Kids here don't really go trick-or-treating to collect candy, but many stores sell Halloween candy and other related products. In any case, I'm not holding my breath for any candy...apparently it's not good for dogs..but I will go trick-or-treating for some tasty chicken snacks! Papa cooked 2 chicken breasts for me today which should last me for 2 weeks.

This morning, we had some work done on the condo. In fact, we had to have the whole living room re-wallpapered. From the beginning, the wallpaper here has been the worst. There have been so many mistakes made by the builder (Tokyu Kensetsu) with respect to the wallpaper. From the first inspection until now, we have had to have the wallpaper fixed 3 times. Papa says it's very shoddy workmanship by people who don't take pride in their work. Anyhow, the whole living room was done today so we'll wait and see how it turns out. It still doesn't look very good but the guy who fixed it said that it will take 2 or 3 days for the wallpaper to set after which it will be fine...papa is very skeptical...

After the wallpapering was done, papa took me to Yoyogi Park for a few hours. There were so many dogs there! In the dog run alone there must have been well over 100 dogs, including about 10 Jack Russell Terrorists! I ran around for almost 2 hours. My favorite trick was annoying dogs that were 5 times my size and then hiding behind papa when the big dogs got angry at me. Papa let me stay in the space reserved for big dogs because the small dog area was full of poodles and other assorted yappy dogs. Besides, I'm not really that small...am I??? I can hold my own with a German Shepherd...as long as papa is somewhere nearby.... :-)

Mama couldn't come to the park today because she's not feeling well and has a fever and sore throat. I hope mama gets well soon!!!

Tonight is the final F1 race of the season. Good luck, Kimi Raikkonen!!!

Also, good luck to Daisuke Matsuzaka pitching game 7 of the American League Championship tomorrow! Go Bosox!!! If he needs help, then put me in
- I'm ready!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

testing testing...

Q

Anonymous said...

OK!! Got it now!

Happy birthday Roots!!
How was your birthday?

Do you like the new wall paper?
Another reason to visit you agin sometime soon.... Bring a wine for your mama and papa and a hopefuly-unbreakable toy for you ;-)