Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I am now 1 year old!!! My birthday was on October 11 so we celebrated it today. Mama and papa bought me a lot of treats and toys. At first, I knew they were doing something on the table but I couldn't quite see...it's tough having short legs :-( I tried my best to see what was on the table but to no avail. Finally, Mama and papa let me check out my birthday gifts...Mama bought me a big bag of treats and a birthday cookie with my name on it! I also got a baseball. Papa told me to learn how to play ball and earn a salary like Matsuzaka...whoever the heck he is...


Waiting to eat my birthday cookie! Or at least part of it...apparently I am getting fat...

I had my first agility class today! There were 4 events: jumping, tunnel, see saw and slalom. I was obviously great at all of them...almost...ok, ok, I wasn't really good at most of them...yet! I loved the tunnel and kept running back and forth through it, and I also loved jumping over the bar, but the see saw was a little scary so I didn't quite make it to the top. This training course is 4 weeks long so hopefully I will improve over the next few weeks. Papa is afraid that once I become good at these agility events, I will be able to jump over the barriers he puts up in our house so that I can't get into the places that I am not supposed to go into, especially when mama and papa are not home...and he's right to be worried...hehehe ;-) Today, mama was my handler but she was pretty tired by the end of the class so next time, papa will be my handler and we'll see what the old man has got! When we race at full speed, we are pretty evenly matched now so I am thinking I'll be able to take him soon. He keeps saying that he's in his prime now so we'll see... :-)
We got some of my treats today at a place called Dog Days. There were a few poodles there, and guess what...they were yapping like crazy...have I ever mentioned how much I hate poodles??? Well, I do. The words "urusai" and "yakamashii" were invented for poodles - probably by poodle owners! I can't believe how loud they are!!! I'd rather chew on tin foil while shaving my head with a cheese grater and scraping my nails on a blackboard than listen to yappy poodles...

No comments: