Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Long Weekend...

This weekend was another long weekend in Japan. Another one of those made-up holidays that are prevalent in this country. Today (Monday) was a holiday to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox...

In any case, I love long weekends because mama and papa can spend more time with me and we can take day trips to fun places. Unfortunately, on Sunday mama had to work because her office is moving to a new building so she had to go to the new building for a few hours to check her computer and make sure everything was OK at the new office. Papa took me to Komazawa dog run to play while mama was at work. I met a Jack Russell Terrier who was not very nice. He had a ball that I wanted to play with and he wouldn't give it to me. Sometimes, he would walk over to me with the ball and drop it in front of me. Just when I went to grab it, he would snatch it and run away laughing. I hate that!!! I'm the only one allowed to do that sort of thing! I guess now I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of being teased. Not that I care because I will keep on doing it to the other dogs :-)

And then I found a Golden Retriever to play with. I ran around him, barking and jumping on him, and when he got upset and chased me, I went and hid behind papa. The the Golden Retriever would walk away and so I would go and tease him again and then hide behind papa...it's nice to have papa around sometimes.

Today, mama and papa took me to Yoyogi Park dog run. I had a lot of fun again, but I am so tired and sleepy now. There were quite a few big dogs there who chased me around, and a stupid Italian Grey Hound who was jumping on me. I hate those skinny little wimpy dogs. They look anorexic. Papa said I should kick his butt, but it's not worth my time. Besides, there was a Border Collie there who was protecting me. I love those dogs! He kept barking at the skinny Italian Grey Hound and saying such nasty things that I can't even repeat it in English :-)

No comments: