Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Great Outdoors

Mama and papa took me to Karuizawa last weekend. Unfortunately, it was a long weekend (Monday was Respect for the Aged Day...or "Respect for my Papa Day" as I like to call it) and so it took us 4 and a half hours to drive there. We went there to meet our friends and I finally got to meet Gin-chan (see the link in "My favorite links"). We had lunch at a place called Dog Dept Cafe where there was also a small dog run for us to play while we waited for a table.



Everyone had a hamburger for lunch while I had sasami and rice...






After lunch, we went to a really big dog run. We had the whole place to ourselves!!!








Playing with Gin-chan!!!





On Sunday, mama's parents and aunt & uncle came over for a BBQ! It was to celebrate the birthdays of papa and mama's papa. They opened a $200 bottle of wine from Napa Valley and ate dinner on the roof balcony. I even got to eat my dinner on the roof balcony with them! Papa brined the pork and chicken for 24 hours before the BBQ so it was juicy and tender. They also had some sirloin steak and sanma (Mackerel Pike) which is in season now. I was hanging around the table hoping for some scraps to come my way but no such luck...mama and papa think I'm fat and won't give me any of their delicious food that I really want.

And on a final note (politics...sorry to papa's sister in Canada...), we were very pleased to hear that Prime Minister Abe has finally done the right thing and stepped down. It only took a truck load of bricks to fall on his head for him to figure out that his time was up. After a series of gaffes that rival George W., PM Abe did what he should have done months ago. Hopefully now we can get some real leadership, and preferably not the LDP. Contrary to their party name (Liberal Democratic Party), they are actually a conservative party. We hope that the Democratic Party of Japan (a social liberal party) can get elected and effect some positive change for Japan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Canyon, Reef and Stringer are ~the~ messiest eaters so there are plenty of scraps, breakfast, lunch and dinner! And, with snacks in between, you and I could feast and at the end of the day, put up our paws and rub our own bellies!!!

Glad to hear you're having fun!

Love Picasso :-)