Saturday, September 1, 2007

110 Jacks...

Say hello to my little friend(s)...

Mama and papa got me 2 new friends from Ikea a few weeks ago and amazingly, I have not killed them yet despite my best efforts. They are actually very well made. I tear at them, throw them, bite them, play tug-o-war with them and yet they are both still in one piece. No toy has ever endured this kind of punishment until now. Papa says I play like a girl and I'm losing my touch but hey, when I am playing tug-o-war, guess who's on the other side. My personal feeling is that the old man isn't pulling hard enough and of course, I don't want to pull too hard in case he dislocates something.

Today
was the last day of obedience school for me. I am now a graduate of Canine Unlimited. I had quite a lot of fun over the past 8 months at the school. I am obviously so much smarter now than I was when I started, but papa still calls me "baka", whatever the heck that means. It must be another word for "genius". I sure will miss the friends I made at school but they have special classes sometimes that mama and papa said they will sign me up for.

After school today, mama and papa drove us to Grandberry Mall in Machida to join a Jack Russell Terrier event. It was crazy! I've never seen so many JRTs!!! There were 110 of us running around and playing. We also had a race. I was the 30th JRT to race and was in 5th place at the time but I think there were much faster JRTs who went after me. We went shopping after I ran so we didn't see the end of the races. So much for papa's theory that I am fat. And if papa had a better race strategy, I would easily have been in 1st place. The eventual winner was probably only about 1 second faster than me. Papa said, "it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game", but that sounds to me like something losers say... I don't think it matters if you win or lose, as long as you win...and win big!

Enjoying the view from the roof balcony

Until it started to rain...

Mama...help!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom wants me to tell you that she misses you both and hopes you're doing well.

Canyon started Grade 1 this past Wednesday and she misses Canyon during the day and can't wait to pick him up again at 2.

Long weekend....and man, is it ever hot!

Love Picasso :-)

Anonymous said...

I may only be a fat cat, but I'm sure I could run faster than you, Roots! Maybe your mamma and pappa can bring you to Canada some time to run. I'll even give you one of my cat treats if you beat me!
Meow!