Sunday, August 5, 2007

Natsu Matsuri

Yesterday was the 中目黒夏祭 (Naka-Meguro Summer Festival). Mama and papa took me to see it and, as you can see, I was a little surprised by all the dancing, noise and people. The taiko drums were pretty loud but I enjoyed myself by barking along with them. We spent an hour there walking around and buying food for dinner. Mama and papa love the matsuri food, especially yaki-soba and yaki-tori. I hope they take me to more matsuri . Everyone has so much fun that it makes me feel really happy too. The sights and sounds and smells are wonderful.

After the matsuri, I was pretty tired but mama and papa went out to their friend's BBQ. He lives just around the corner so it's easy for mama and papa to get there. They got home late and, like last year after the same party, papa fell asleep on the floor. I think he had a little too much wine...

On the way home, mama and papa saw Kimura Takuya from the band SMAP! He was driving home in his white Hummer. He lives just down the road from us and papa wanted to say "hi" to him but he lives in a big house with a garage and the garage door closed before mama and papa could get there. I think one of papa's dreams is to become a member of SMAP. He so silly...and he can't even sing...

Today we went to the indoor dog run again! I had fun as usual, running around and stealing other dogs' toys. But papa kept calling me fat boy...like he's one to talk...Papa thinks I am too fat and can't run like a real Jack Russell Terrier. He laughed at me because the yappy Poodles could run faster. Even the Papillon was faster than me. Maybe papa is right, but I still don't like being called fat boy :-( And I don't like the yappy Poodles either.

No comments: