Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hot, hot, hot...

Wow...it's been in the mid-30's for over a week now. Tomorrow is supposed to be 36 degrees (that's 97 degrees Fahrenheit for those of you still using the ancient ways) and over 90% humidity. Luckily, mama and papa leave the air conditioner on all day for me or I would be well done by the time they got home from work. I don't mind the heat, but the humidity is a killer. Papa took me for a walk this evening but after 30 minutes I was ready to come back home. He let me off the leash for a while when we were in an enclosed parking lot so I was allowed to run around and play fetch. I'm not very good at fetch though. I love chasing the ball when papa throws it but it's a pain in the butt to bring it back to papa so I just leave it where I caught it. It's fun making papa fetch the ball. After a long walk in this heat, I love to get home to the air conditioning and lounge around on my sofa...

Papa's parents sent me an email today asking about our (my?) car. It's a Nissan Dualis. We got the 20G model in Cafe Latte Beige.

Papa says I'm too violent...no way!!! Me??? I just like having fun, and if the toys can't take a little rough play then too bad for them, they get what they deserve. Besides, why do toys need legs anyhow? If they were smart, they would use those legs to run away when they see me coming! But since they don't run, I guess they don't need their legs! Anyhow, mama and papa buy me an endless supply of toys so I'm not worried. I have 2 boxes full of toys now! Mama and papa say that they spend more money on me than they do on themselves now. I doubt it but that's what they say.

Papa has been reading a lot lately. I like spending the afternoon on the roof balcony with him while he reads. I stand guard for him to make sure he is not disturbed and can concentrate on reading. If anything moves, I bark like crazy and make so much noise that whatever moved will go away and not bother papa. I know that he appreciates me helping him relax by barking to keep away intruders like blowing leaves and dragon flies. He always says to me, "Thank you, Roots, you're a good boy...now shut up!"...whatever the heck that means...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please continue your blogs...we enjoy reading them! It keeps us up to date on how you are. My Mom says she can't update her website until we get a new camera. Ours broke. Whatever happened to the good 'ol days when we could use Fahrenheit without ridicule and things lasted forever...??!! Like those old cars we used to call gas guzzlers. Or tanks. Landboats.

My Mom just cleaned my teeth so I rolled around in the dirt. I think it's bathtime. Gotta run, love Picasso :-)