Sunday, August 26, 2007

99 in the shade...

It's still unbearably hot here. 15 or 20 minutes into my daily walk, I am ready to go home so I walk slowly until mama and papa turn around and bring me back to the nice air conditioning. Last week, the heat gave me an upset stomach so papa made me chicken okayu. It was so good!!! Mama mixed it with my regular food so I had some home cooked gourmet food for a change! Papa calls me spoiled, whatever the heck that means... Anyhow, my stomach was better within a day and I am able to eat regular food again, but luckily for me, papa made too much okayu and he froze the leftovers so I still get to eat it even though I am not sick!!! OK, OK, maybe I am a little spoiled :-)

Since it's been so hot lately, mama prepares a wet towel for me to cool down after my walks but papa wraps it around my head and calls me an old women. He says I look like I should be selling fruits and vegetables by the side of the road in the countryside. I prefer to wear the towel around my neck because it looks like I work on a construction site. It's a little more manly.

My photo shoot at my dog school went fairly well last week...kind of...sort of...well, actually it was a little scary. When we got there it was great! I got to run around without a leash and check out all of the cool camera equipment and the white background screen. All was good until the flashes started going off. That kind of freaked me out and I wouldn't go in front of the cameras anymore. The photographers, the teachers, mama and papa all tried their best to get me in front of the cameras on the white background screen again but I wouldn't go there. Even when they tried to bribe me with food I wouldn't budge. Finally, papa calmed me down and picked me up and did the pictures with me. Mama also joined us and the 3 of us took the pictures together. That made me feel better and I wasn't as scared of the flashes. It's so much better when mama and papa are beside me. We don't know how the pictures turned out though so I don't know if I will be in the magazine next month. I hope I will be...I mean, how cute am I? :-) Just look at this face!!!

Yesterday, mama and papa both bought me a new toy! It took me just under 5 minutes to break the one mama bought me and then, in a moment of inspiration, I was able to break the toy papa got me in 2 minutes and 47 seconds!!! A new world record!!! Obviously papa doesn't know me very well! Luckily for me, and contrary to what papa says, I believe money does grow on trees so I don't have to worry because I know mama and papa can buy me new toys all the time!!!

Today, we went to the indoor dog run again because it was 34 degrees outside. I met a few wild and crazy pugs who I hung out with for a while until they left. Then I met an Italian Greyhound. To say he can run fast is an understatement. I couldn't run as fast as him even in my dreams! Unfortunately, there were some yappy Poodles there again. My goodness but are they ever loud and annoying. And they are no fun to play with. All they do is yap,yap, yap and then run away. I think I made one of them cry!!! Yay, 10 points for me!!! Anyhow, yappy and annoying...I think that's what the word "poodle" means...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're keeping your Mama and Papa very busy...just keep an eye on them...they could turn out to be like my parents-insane dog people that other dogless people don't understand.

Please say hi to your folks!
Love Picasso :-)

Anonymous said...

Kumiko said...
Dog people...you guys are funny. My mama and papa brought me home a new toy 9 months ago and at first she didn't do much, but now she chases me around the house and tries to pull my tail! ouch!

meow! (or as the japanese cats say, "mia mia")