Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hot Wheels!

We got our (my?) new car yesterday! Mama and papa picked it up and drove to visit mama's parents and brother for dinner. They really love the car and said that the navigation system is great. It speaks to them and even tells them when and where to turn, as well as which way they will turn after that so they can get into the proper lane. The air conditioner has separate temperature controls for the driver and passenger sides. The stereo features a hard disk drive that automatically records CDs that are played so that we don't have to bring the same ones ever again. It also plays DVDs and MP3s! The other thing that mama and papa didn't know is that the stereo/navigation system also has a TV built in. Papa thinks it is dangerous to have the TV playing while driving so he really doesn't like that feature.

Papa was pretty tired yesterday because he took the overnight flight back to Tokyo from Singapore on Friday night and landed at 7:30am yesterday morning. He was so tired that he slept until
11:30am this morning. After he finally woke up, mama and papa took me to an indoor dog run near where papa used to live in Musashi-koyama. There were a lot of dogs there to play with and I had a lot of fun stealing other dogs' toys. I was so yancha and mama and papa were so embarrassed that had to go buy me my own toy so that I wouldn't steal toys from the other dogs (but I still did!). I ran around for an hour and a half with almost no rest so I'm really tired now. I've been sleeping almost the whole time since we got home 4 hours ago. I think mama and papa are happy that I am not bothering them for a change :-) Papa was also embarrassed today because the poodles could run faster than me. Papa says I'm getting fat so I can't run like a Jack Russell. I wonder whose fault that is??? It's not my fault that papa gives me so many tasty treats! Of course I'm going to eat them!!! Anyhow, I have to go on a diet now :-(

Lately, my hair has been getting quite long. Mama and papa used to think I was a smooth coat Jack Russell and then, as my hair got longer, they thought I was a broken coat but they are now beginning to think I am a rough coat. Papa says I look like a homeless punk rocker.

Today is the mid-term senate election in Japan. Many think this is the equivalent of a confidence vote on Prime Minister Abe who has been in power since September of last year. If it is, then PM Abe is in deep trouble. Exit polls indicate that his party is about to get smoked. Bye bye Mr. Abe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.