Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Oh nuts...

I'm back from the vet! I had to spend a night there after my surgery to get neutered and papa came to pick me up this afternoon. I am so happy to be home again, but I have to wear this ridiculous collar for a week until I get my stitches out. I'm also not allowed to run around very much for a week and I can only go for a short 15 minute walk every day. It doesn't hurt much and the stitches don't bother me at all but I hate this collar. I keep bumping into walls and furniture because this thing gets in the way. I'm glad mama and papa don't have to work this week so they can stay at home with me and keep me company!!! As a baseline, I also had blood tests, an EKG and they x-rayed my leg again. Everything is perfect!!!

When I got home today, papa told me that he and mama went for sushi last night at one of their favorite sushi restaurants called Kita-san in Nakameguro. The owner is a pretty funny guy. He said he doesn't like raw fish anymore even though he is a sushi chef!!! He always gives mama and papa free sushi and he always has the best fish.

On Monday, mama and papa had friends over for a barbecue. I had a great time because everyone played games with me. The food looked delicious, although I didn't get any. Papa grilled steak, lamb, chicken, pork, potatoes and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was a perfect evening for a barbecue. The weather has been so good lately with the temperature in the mid-20's and the sun has been out for the most part.

Papa has been following the NHL hockey playoffs lately but it's hard to concentrate on hockey when the weather feels like summer. Shouldn't hockey be a winter sport rather than a mid-Spring sport??? Anyhow, there are only 2 Canadian teams left in the playoffs but Vancouver is struggling and are down 3 games to 1 against Anaheim (do they even have ice in California???). At least Ottawa is winning their series against New Jersey 2 games to 1. It's also nice to see some real hockey towns like Detroit, New York and Buffalo still in the running, although papa is not a big fan of Buffalo. When papa was a kid watching hockey on TV, the Buffalo commentators were so pro-Buffalo and so utterly ignorant about hockey that it made him sick. Anyhow, go Canucks and Senators!!! The Stanley Cup belongs in Canada!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mama said you should watch your "dissing" of us Americans because your nephews are American :-) So, you got it done, huh? Poor you. I know exactly how you feel. Give it time and you'll feel better. Love, Picasso. P.S., if you go out in the rain with your collar, don't look up for too long because you could drown!