Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Mama and papa built me a new house today! At 7 months old, I am a proud new home owner!!! I especially love the patio in the front where I can relax and enjoy the sun. After we built the house, papa took me for a long walk. We haven't gone for a walk for such a long time because of my operation. We walked all over the place until papa was tired. When we got home, we played for a while and I did the "spin" trick all by myself. Papa was so happy that I learned a new trick. I think he was about to give up on me ever learning anything new.

This morning, mama's aunt and uncle came to visit us from Kyushu. They have a Dachshund and love dogs so they played a lot with me. I also had a lot of fun chewing their slippers and socks.

Yesterday, we went to my class and the teachers were surprised by how much I have learned. It's because mama and papa practice with me every day at home until I get bored and stop paying attention to them.

On Friday, papa had a welcome party at work with his new team. They went to Tokyo Midtown to a Mexican restaurant called La Colina. The food was good but overpriced, as is everything at Midtown. It's a nice place but at those prices, it won't be long before the novelty wears off, crowds start thinning out and people stop going there. On the same evening, mama went with friends to a Turkish restaurant in Aoyama 1-chome. She said the food was really good and that papa should go with her next time for lunch.

Anyhow, it's really nice to have the collar off now. Life is back to normal. I still have the urge to mark my territory even after the operation, but the teacher said that that will go away in a few weeks. I have also stopped abusing my pillow :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you survived your operation, Roots. I really like your new house. My Mom's been watering the grass regularly so it's starting to turn green! Too bad I use it for my bathroom. My Dad will be in Hong Kong next week for 5 days. He is happy because we just got fiber optic tv to go along with our phone line and internet. We now have high def television with a dvr. Stringer can take 5 steps at a time now and races up the stairs. Reef and Canyon are doing well. School's almost over and then they're off to Toronto for 3 weeks. Don't think my Dad can go because he may have to travel..? Anyhow, gotta run. Hi to your Mom and Dad! Love Picasso

Anonymous said...

MEOW!